For many the New Year will mark a new beginning. It’s a time to make new resolutions, goals and plans for the year ahead. While many are setting weight loss goals or promising to take a new direction in life, others are setting their sights on much bigger things in 2013.
If you want to shake things up in 2013 and take control of your business and your life, it’s time to get to work! The end of the year is the best time to get reflect on your future goals and better position yourself to tackle your new hurdles during the upcoming year.
As we are approaching the New Year, INC. Magazine has released tips to help you put your business in a better position to experience growth in 2013 right now:
1. Finalize your 2013 goals: It’s better to have a clear vision of your goals and where you want to go and what you want to accomplish. If you don’t, you could end up starting the year off to a slow start, leaving you less time to achieve your goals.
2. Choose your key priorities for the first quarter: Figure out what are the most important and most urgent tasks that need to be done first. If you tried to focus on more than a few things at once, you can become overwhelmed. Also, make a plan to delegate or shift lower-tier priorities accordingly.
3. Make an action plan to get to know your customers better: Make a commitment in 2013 to learn more about your customers’ needs, goals, and objectives. This will help you during the sales process and in maintaining client relationships.
4. Visualize your 3 to 5-year goal: What will you have to accomplish in 2013 to ensure that you meet your longer-term objectives?
5. Pick one item that is a distraction and create a plan to eliminate it: Focus creates success.
10. Get some rest and reward yourself. It’s going to be a long and fun ride in 2013, mixed in with a lot of hard work. Get ready to kick some butt!
Check out Andy Albright’s goal setting and self-growth program called The Albright Challenge. Participating in this program and following the steps will kick your business into high gear in 2013.