There are many ways to approach sales, and each salesperson does it a little differently. Although each salesperson has their own unique style, there are some basic rules that apply to everyone. Check out this list of 5 easy ways to get sales and keep customers coming.
- Don’t bring up issues the customer hasn’t thought of. It’s always wise to prepare for all the concerns that a customer may have, but you should NEVER bring up concerns before they do. You want to fill their heads with the benefits of insurance, not add to their apprehension.
- Listen to your customers. Although it’s tempting to unload all of the information you have about a product, your customers will become overwhelmed. Instead, give them little bits of information and then give them time to ask questions. If they’re quiet, ask them questions like, “What do you think your family would need if something happened to you or your spouse?”
- Keep in touch. Once you make the sale, the process doesn’t end there. After the sale you should contact your customers to make sure they’re happy with their policy and to see if they need anything else from you. If you show that you care about them, they’re more likely to recommend you to others. If you don’t have time to contact all of your customers, sign up for KIT Marketing, and we’ll do the hard part for you!
- Don’t fake it. As Andy says in his book, The 8 Steps to Success, you have to invest in your product before you can sell it to others. People can tell if you’re not genuinely thrilled with the product. Study up on all of the products and take advantage of all of the training materials available to you. Once you’ve learned all you can about the products and spent time with others who are passionate about them, the sale will come more naturally to you.
- Give the customer your full attention. It’s sometimes tempting to answer an email, text, or call while you’re with a customer, but it can blow your chances of making the sale. If your customer doesn’t have your full attention, they won’t believe that you care about them or that you’re really passionate about your products.
National Agents Alliance is dedicated to making sure that our agents have all of the knowledge and skills that they need to be successful insurance agents. If you have any questions or would like more information about training, feel free to contact us!
Are you having trouble making the sale because your customers don’t fully understand the benefits of insurance? Or maybe you’ve forgotten some of the benefits that could help close the deal. Here at the NAA headquarters, we have a team of people writing and posting content on the internet to help people understand how insurance can impact their lives. Below is a list of blog articles that you can use to refresh your memory or show your customers to help them better understand insurance.
- The Top Reasons Why Your Family NEEDS Life Insurance:
If you’re wondering why you need to purchase life insurance, we have brought you the top reasons your family should be protected:
1. Covers burial and funeral expenses. [read more]
- Protecting Your Children:
The last thing any parent wants to do is leave their child alone. For most parents, it is beyond heartbreaking to think of their children not having access to basic necessities like food, shelter, clothing and education. [read more]
- Did You Know About Life Insurance’s Other Benefits?:
Life insurance is widely known to provide financial support for your loved ones after you have passed. But life insurance can do a lot more than just supporting your children and spouse in the years following your death; life insurance can offer protection for your family in other various ways. [read more]
- Want Tax Free Money? Get It Through Life Insurance:
Cash value is money that accumulates in a permanent (whole or universal) life insurance policy that you can withdraw from while your policy is in force. The cash value is actually part of the insurer’s reserves for policy’s future death benefit, which helps grow cash value over time. [read more]
- Got Student Loans? You May Need Life Insurance:
One thing many college students don’t think about when they take out a student loan is death. At that time in a person’s life, death seems like the last thing that could happen to them. After all, you’re in your prime; you’re young and just beginning your life as an adult. But, accidents do happen and people do get sick and face life-threatening illnesses. [read more]
Here at National Agents Alliance, we want you and your customers to have all of the information necessary to make the sale. If you need any information please feel free to contact us.
Come back to this sales blog next Tuesday for links to training materials you may have missed!