Everyone needs a little extra motivation from time to time, and you can help your down line get more fired up about their work if you just give them a little push. Encouragement from an up line manager can really make a difference. We’ve come up with five tips you can use to inspire your team to work a little harder.
- Acknowledge their achievements and give encouraging suggestions. If someone has done a really great job selling or recruiting, send them an email, text, or note letting them know that they’re doing a great job. You could also add a helpful suggestion to get them motivated; for example, “If you keep selling like that, you could move up a commission level in a few months.”
- Take time to work with your down line one-on-one. Meetings with a group can be helpful, but people really appreciate when you take the time to find out what they are struggling with and work with them to improve. Just give them a chance to express what they’re doing well and what they need help with.
- Remind them of the rewards. Your down line agents may feel disappointed if they’ve been unable to make as many sales as they would like. Remind them that they are helping families and that the harder they work to protect them, the more rewarding the job will be emotionally and financially.
- Set an example. Your team needs a successful leader in order to follow in your footsteps. Show them how hard working you are and what rewards you’ve gotten and let them know that they can achieve success if they follow in your footsteps. If your agents don’t see your motivation, they won’t be motivated either.
- Explain to your down line how valuable their work is to everyone. People want to feel like what they do is valuable to others. Remind them that they are helping families, themselves, their family, you, your team, and National Agents Alliance as a whole.
We hope that you use these tips to help your team grow and improve. If you’re looking for more motivational tips, subscribe to this blog and consider taking the Albright Challenge. If you’ve already taken the challenge, recommend it to your down line to help them improve over the next 90 days.